Every instance of “salesman” from Glengarry Glen Ross replaced with Geddy Lee’s ‘salesman’ from Spirit of the Radio.
And it was a wonderful Christmas after all.
William Finnegan remembers Nelson Mandela, “a global symbol of righteousness and reconciliation”: http://nyr.kr/1gaYdly
Above: Mandela visiting a mixed-race high school in Johannesburg, 1994. Photograph by Ian Berry/Magnum.
Another reminder to get myself a tape recorder.
Ralph Lauren Purple Label
This fall, Purple Label takes a contemporary approach to bespoke Savile Row tailoring.
that is perhaps the most hacky bit of copy I have ever seen in a menswear label ad.
- Spooky minor key leitmotif building to a crescendo
- Cannot be focused on with naked eye due to headache sensation
- Impromptu Red Hot Chili Peppers-esque “scatting”
- Thousands of scorpions
- Chequing account with fanfiction.net
- Constant surveillance by agencies.
- Inability or refusal to touch magical scarab.
- On fire, does not burn.
- Several marbles, on a dare